Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Geaux Tigers!!

If there was one down side to traveling the past 24 hours it was the fact that it just so happened to coincide with Game 2 and 3 of the College World Series. I was able to catch Game 1 on Monday night, but not the other ones. To put our trip in perspective, when we left Dallas on Tuesday evening, Game 2 was about to start. When we arrived in Sydney and got to the hotel, Game 3 was just under way! Most of you know that Tina and I are big LSU fans, and that I am a huge Yankees baseball fan. When we checked into our room and I turned on ESPN to what I thought would be the final LSU-Texas game, for the first time in my life I was disappointed to find the Yankees game on (no comments, Merkle). I couldn’t find the game on anywhere, even across the street at a sports bar (WiFi at the hotel is $30 per 24 hours, which is ridiculous!). So I had to go downstairs and jump on one of the complimentary laptops designated only for people using Skype to talk with family and friends back home. I put on one of the headsets and pretended I was using it while going to ESPN.com and constantly hitting refresh on the play-by-play for the game. Several people looked at me funny when I let out a loud yelp when I refreshed the page for the final time seeing that the Tigers were National Champs. I guess they thought I was just really happy to talk with someone back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment