Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekends= Busy, busy

We had such a busy, fun weekend! My great friend Audrey Taylor came in town this weekend from Nashville to visit us before the baby gets here.



It meant so much to me to have her here! It was nice to not have 10 projects to do and to just have fun and relax with Audrey. Saturday we played all day and went to Manny's for dinner, Orange Cup for dessert and came home to play the Wii and a little Guitar Hero! This morning we cooked breakfast and she and I went on a walk around White Rock, then headed to Northpark. I took her to the aiport around 4pm and it was sad! Thank you Audrey for coming to visit!

I am still feeling good, but this weekend I have a little cold. It is draining my energy a little. I am still frustrated a little because my body is forcing me to slow down. I feel the baby kick all the time. He is so active. Audrey got to feel him kick and was amazed at how strong his kicks are already. So am I , believe me! I made a HUGE mistake this weekend and changed the batteries in my scale and weighed myself. I am back to my college weight, which is a scary thing. I remember always telling myself I would never get there again. I know, I know! I am supposed to gain weight and it is healthy! I get it, but it is really hard. I read I am going to start gaining a pound a week. This should be interesting:)
I also went today to get some new "walking" shoes (as Christopher calls them my magic shoes). I went to Lukes and said I needed more cushioned shoes for added weight so I can continue to walk. The lady was SO helpful and I now have shoes that are a 1/2 size bigger (for swelling) and cushioned for added weight. I am all set now!
I have an appointment on Wednesday with the OB and another Ultrasound with the prenatal Dr, so I will post the updates!
Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. At least you can say that when you did get back to your college weight you were more than HALFWAY through your pregnancy!! That's something to be proud of there. You're doing better than I was at the 24.5 week mark! :-) While it is a little depressing to see the scale going up, at least you have an adorable bump to show for it. It will all come off eventually since you are in such good shape anyway. Rock that bump & enjoy it! You look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete